Not quite ready for the new version? Legacy (old) version here
Montana Department of Revenue (DOR) data (ORION) update will be delayed as this is a re-assessment year. For any critical ownership/legal description inquiries please contact the local DOR office
Welcome to the newest version of the Missoula County Property Information System! See below for a quick overview of new updates and functionality. Also, please use the help manual under the 'Help' tab for more
information on how to best use this system.
- Added 'Themes' selector to automatically add and adjust layers and basemaps in the view.
- Added ability to log into ArcGIS Online account and list compatible layers (mapservices, vector tile layers, feature layers) and drag-drop into the map
- Added Draw/Sketch widget
- Added ability to add items from ArcGIS Online or Portal via item id
- Using new Vector Tile Layers for the 3 main base layers (Addresses, Roads, and Parcels)
- New layer list widget for manipulation of map layers
- Layers are re-orderable in the layer list widget...just drag the layers up or down
- Additional/custom layers under the 'Services' tab will now be added to the main Layer List Table of Contents
- Map has the ability to be rotated 360 degrees - (hold right mouse button and drag), use the compass widget in the lower left to re-orient
- Tracking widget available
- Street intersection search now available
- Simplified Basemap Widget
LEGACY 3.x Version Updates
- UI/Property Info Dialog Improvements
- Fast Facts Report Button Moved
- Now any selected property can use the fast facts button rather than a selected address point
'General Ownership' layer has been moved to the 'Cadastral' Group Layer
'Property Fast Facts' report link added.
Click on a property's physical address to access the link to automatically open the Fast Facts reporting map to the selected physical address.
- Automatic BLM/GLO survey search link added.
- 2019 DOR ORION Records have been released.
Database connectivity has been restored.
- Quickly identify parcels while holding down CTRL and hovering over properties. Must be at scale 1:9500 or greater.
- Added previous/forward extent buttons
- Misc bug fixes and enhancements
Document search functionality has been restored.
Document search is currently experiencing connectivity issues. Functionality may be limited.
Go here for the legacy documents search page:
Legacy Document Search
Added link to Air Quality/Wood Stove Map Application.
Database connectivity has been restored.
This site is currently experiencing connectivity issues with the ORION database. Functionality may be limited.
- Tax Year 2018 Records have been released.
- New Layer/Category: Sheriff Patrol Zones/Emergency
- New auto-complete dropdowns for road names in both address search and road search.
- Experimental re-order functionality allows re-ordering of multiple map services in the map (see 'Reorder' tab on Layers dialog).
- General bug fixes.
- See note on imagery below.
We have reconfigured/reorganized the available basemaps on this site. The default Aerial Imagery is a service titled 'Imagery (Clarity)' that uses the older/legacy aerial
imagery hosted by ESRI. While this data is not the most recent-it appears to be more accurate and detailed than the current version. We are also providing the latest
imagery service in our basemap gallery titled 'World Imagery' for your reference. We will continue to monitor the update cycle for the newest imagery and hopefully be
able to provide the best imagery available.
ESRI has updated the aerial imagery basemap to a newer vintage (2015-16) in parts of the county. When using this imagery, there appears to be a shift from the previous aerial imagery.
This shift will be very noticeable when overlying other datasets on top of the imagery at smaller scales.
We are investigating this issue.
- Added deed list to to property information dialog. User can double-click a deed book/page number to search.
- Added Basemap Imagery Citation Query link on bottom bar.
- Added Google Maps link on bottom bar that will open Google Maps at the current map center location.
- General bug fixes.
The iTax system is working normally.
The iTax system is down temporarily for maintenance.
- Ability to print Vector Tile Basemaps is now available
- All visible layers in all map services are now identifiable by right-clicking on the map.
- Added copy-to-clipboard button to copy geocoded link to the Property Information System.
- Added selection of Vector Tile Basemaps.
- Added Map Scale and Map Level indicators.
- Added BETA mobile version.
- Various enhancements and bug fixes.
- NAIP Basemaps have been removed temporarily due to a software limitation.
- Various security/bug fixes and enhancements.
Enhancements may require re-enabling of pop-up blockers for certain functionality.
- Added ability to right-click map to identify visible layers.
- TIFDs/URD/TEDD Districts Layer Added
- MS4 Layer Added
- Enhanced address/road search functionality.
- 2017 DOR Records Released
- Added enhanced permit query.
- Update layer styles.
- General enhancements/bug fixes.
- Added School Attendance Boundary Layers.
- Added School Attendance information to physical address info panel.
- Added button link to open SEWPER application.
- Added 'Activity Circles' under Zoning/Land Use layers.
- Added ROW/Water Layer.
- Misc UI Improvements.
- Automatically zoom to selected basemap max scale.
- Dynamically render parcel symbology based on basemap selection.
- Note: Zoom bug listed below has been fixed with current version of ArcGIS API.
- Minor bug fixes.
Document display issues have been resolved.
2016 tax records have been released.
A recent bug in Google Chrome may cause the browser to become unresponsive when zooming with the map. A workaround has been put in place but
it may still cause slow page response. As an alternative, you can use Internet Explorer.
- Added physical address information panel.
- Added Address/Approach permit # search.
- Improved UI for layer TOC.
- Improved UI for property information panel.
- New button to check floodplain on property information panel.
- New button to check voting information on property information panel.
- Added new 'Plats' tab to search panel, allows searching for various filed plats by quarter section from map center.
- Added living units information to property information.
- Added residential/commercial/out buildings indicators to property information.
- Comprehensive Plan Land Use Designations
- Flathead Indian Reservation
- Road Maintenace Categories
- 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 NAIP Aerial Basemaps
- Added 'Services' tab on layers panel -- allows users to added external map services/layers from drop down.
- Replaced 'Market Acres' with 'Total Acres'
Using new TOC control for layer control and viewing.
(See documentation for help.)
- Removed legend tab due to new TOC control.
- Updated help documentation.
- Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
2015 Tax Records have been released.
- Notice: We are working on resolving an issue when saving a PDF print using Google Chrome browser as the PDF's appear to be corrupted. A temporary work-around is to print the exported PDF to another PDF using a PDF printer.
- Added Book/Page to document search results.
- Added Geocode to owner search results.
- Added road name search/zoom.
- Added map layer opacity slider.
- Added NHD (Hydrography) data layers.
- Layers automatically turn on depending on what search is performed.
- Group layer is automatically turned on when a sub layer is turned on.
- Fixed display performance issue when multiple owners found per parcel.
- General UI improvements.
- Added CAMA property type and total market acres to property information dialog.
- Improved subdivision scan search/direct link.
- Added 'Zoom in to Enable' indicator on layers that are out of scale range.
- Added export map to jpeg option in print dialog.
- Enhanced Measurement tools updates.
- Added historical Missoula imagery services to basemaps.
- Added land use zoning service to base layers.
- Fixed issues with multiple related geocode searches.
- Added bookmarks functionality.
- Add center lat/long to map prints.
- Added identify layer functionality.
- Updated minor user interface issues.
- General bug fixes.
- Added enhanced funtionality to layer table of contents (TOC). Please see help documenation.
- Added paging for properties with multiple related geocodes (condos/improvements-on).
- Added last-update-date for ORION/CAMA data.
- General bug fixes.
- Add map notes tool. Right-click on the map to add a lat/lng marker and ability to add a note.
- Added Measurement Tool
- Added notification if basemap is not available at current zoom level.
- Added Help Documentation
- Fixed multiple tax-id search to return all properties with the same tax-id in a selectable/zoomable list.
- Updated parcel select/identify icon.
- Added help button to display main help/information dialog.
- Added Levy District ID to property information results display.
- Added information tab for Smart 911 System.
- Added link to printed document on print dialog instead of auto-open to avoid pop-up blocker issues.
- Added 'Doc' search tab to search documents by Book/Page or 'Advanced'.
- Added 'PERMITS' search button on property information panel.
- Added 'What's New?' Tab
- Added Decimal Degrees search under the 'Point' tab.
- Double-click on a physical address to open new Google Streetview window at location.
Smart911 is a free service
that Missoula County provides to residents; it has proven to be lifesaving all across the country.
With Smart911, citizens can create a secure Safety Profile that includes any details they may want 9-1-1 to have during an emergency;
such as medical history, emergency contacts, household information or the number of children and pets in the home, etc. It is completely
voluntary and citizens interested in signing up can provide as much or as little information as they like. To better understand how
Smart911 can be used to aid the response to a 9-1-1 call, check out this video of how a Dispatcher Saved a Stranded Driver with the Help of Smart911.
Smart911 is endorsed by all of Missoula’s emergency response agencies as an important component of a personal and family emergency preparedness plan.
For more detailed information, click here
While Missoula County has made all attempts to ensure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct
any problems or errors which have been brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or
suitability of that information or any other linked information presented, referenced, or implied. No endorsement is intended or made
of any hypertext link, product, service, or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this system.
The information provided throughout this system is for reference only so
anyone using this information should first consult original records and personally verify the accuracy of any
and all information/data provided on this system
For information security purposes, the computer systems that host Missoula County and other County websites employ software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to compromise its devices. These attempts to cause damage could be subject to legal action. This would include attempts by anyone to ‘mine’ or grab data from any of our web servers for personal use.
This mapping system is specifically designed to work with Google Chrome web browser.
This site is subject to changes/modifications without prior notification.
Please send and questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.